A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY
- 10TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION
- directed by Tariq Jalil
- 1977, Star Wars premieres at Mann's Chinese Theater. It triggers a pop culture phoneomenon that has lasted to this day. 1999, fans anticipate the release of Episode I, The Phantom Menace.
- A Galaxy Far Far Away features interviews with hundreds of fans, movie executives and high profile clebrities shedding new light on the film trilogy that has captivated generations of moviegoers. It takes us to Star Wars conventions, to nationwide premieres, into the homes of devoted fans showing off their treasures and to the 42 days of waiting in lines in the spring of 1999.
- The complete, often hilarious exploration of the phoneomenon brings together a group of interesting, husterical and often touching fans. Yet it is not just a movie about zelaous fans, A Galaxy Far Far Away offers new insight into the reasonos these fast-paced science fiction films struck a mysterious and powerful chord with all the races, genders and generations.
- Featuring music by Chemical Brothers, Luscious Jackson, They Might Be Giants and Morgan Philips
- Special appearances by Joe Pesci, Andy Garcia, Meat Loaf and Samuel L. Jackson
- DVD EXTRAS: Deleted scenes, original commentary, all-new audio commentary by the producer & director, original trailer, all-new trailer, special 10th anniversary interviews with the producer & director, special 10th anniversary MST3K-style video commentary with the producer & director
- Year: 2000/2009 • Running Time: 80 minutes • Rating: NR • Region: 1
- | visit film website |
- DVD Info:
- UPC: 812142010027
- ISBN: 1-60663-002-4
- Catalog Number: CS1002
A revealing film about a subject that will be explored for years to come.
- - Film Threat Magazine
Go see it just to laugh at yourself, because we all know you have some sort of Star Wars geek in you.
- - Buddyhead.com